SCM Group Formula S640P Bandsaw
SCM Group Formula S640P Bandsaw
Introducing SCM’s newest bandsaw, the Formula S 640P. Designed specifically for the North American market, this bandsaw has everything hobbyist and larger craft shops need. This versatile machine can handle delicate or tight curved work, and heavy-duty resaw operations. This robust bandsaw features a 4.8 horsepower single-phase motor, 23.6” resaw height 24.4” cutting width and large 25.2” flywheel diameter with a 23.6” by 34.84” worktable that can tilt up to 45°!
- LARGE RESAW CAPACITY - The Formula S 640P has 23.6” resaw height as well as 24.4” cutting width. With this much capacity in such a compact machine, this makes it ideal for any small shop.
- EUROPEAN GUIDES - The Formula S 640P comes with upper and lower Europeans-style guides on the machine. These guides provide for quick and easy adjustments without the need for tools. They can be adjusted up or down to accommodate the tilting of the table. When you are not tilting the table, you can raise the guides all the way up to the lower table surface to decrease the distance between your guides, maintaining maximum stability through your cut.
- HEAVY DUTY RIGIDITY - The Formula S 640P has a rigid, rectified steel guidepost with rack and pinion positioning for rapid and precise raising or lowering of the guides.
- THICK CAST-IRON WHEELS - The Formula S 640P has thick cast iron wheels which are perfectly balanced to reduce vibration and produce a fly wheel effect to aid in the processing of your pieces.
- VULCANIZED TIRES - The Formula S 640P has vulcanized tires that not only bonds the rubber tires to the wheel, but they become like one with them. This means a greater transfer of power, as well as making it nearly impossible to shred them if a blade breaks resulting in less wear and maintenance over their lifetime.
- STEEL FRAME - Our heavy-duty steel frames are the most rigid in their class and are designed to withstand the tension required for a carbide tipped blade.
- DUST EXTRACTION - Two dust ports are included on this bandsaw, not just one like most others. This helps ensure that you will capture more debris, as well as capture it more efficiently.
- Cast-iron worktable
- Cast-iron rip fence
- Saw-blade tensioning indicator
- Rack and pinion lifting system
- Quick-tilting table with single-handle adjust feature
- Disc-type cast-iron flywheels running on sealed ball bearings
- American miter slot (3/8” deep x ¾” wide)
- Bandsaw lower footbrake
- Overload motor protection
- Emergency push/stop button
- Top/bottom European-style roller guides with ball bearings
- Cleaning brush on bottom wheel
- Safety micro switches
- Tool set and owner’s manual
- Motor: Single-phase, 230v
- Horsepower: 4.8 Hp
- Flywheel Diameter: 25.2” (640mm)
- Table Size: 23.6” x 34.84” (600 x 885mm)
- Table Tilt: 0° - 45°
- Cutting Height/Depth: 23.6” (600mm)
- Cutting Width: 24.4” (620mm)
- Min Blade Length: 203.15” (5160mm)
- Max Blade Length: 205.5” (5220mm)
- Overall Dimensions (Used Upright/Vertically): 29.1” x 47.6” x 94” (74 x 121 x 239cm)
- Net Weight: 750lbs (340kg)
- Total Dust Extraction Ports: 2 Total
|Model||S640P, Single Phase|