SCM GROUP/MINIMAX ME40T3 EDGEBANDER
SCM GROUP/MINIMAX ME40T3 EDGEBANDER
The Minimax ME 40T is an automatic edgebander with great flexibility for both thin and thick edges, intended to bridge the gap between a traditional small to midsize edgebander for woodworkers. One of the key features is the pre-mill. There is no competition in the U.S. market for such a small, versatile machine, with pre-mill that is so economical! This machine is meant to be used with melamine edges, PVC and ABS up to 3mm and wooden strips up to 5mm. SCM Group has the right machine for every application. This amazing machine boasts capacities usually only found on much larger units.
- Control system: The control system for the Minimax ME 40T is a simple and intuitive use of the error-free machining and is ensured by the control positioned on the front of the edgebander which allows an easy selection of all of the main functions. These functions include the operating unit switching on/off and the PLC unit which guides the operator during maintenance, cleaning, diagnostic operations and much more.
- Track feed system: The Minimax ME 40T track feed movement system is designed for a perfect finish that eliminates transfer marks onto the work piece.9 meter/min panel feed speed with track movement for increased productivity. Monitoring of the panel position is done by an encoder for total work cycle control.
- High Frequency motors: Thanks to the high frequency motors of the end cutting unit and of the in-line trimming unit, the reliability of the Minimax ME 40T is unmatched. The maximum in precision, an optimal finishing level to an applied edge is always attained. With the absence of belts or other conventional driving systems, we have engineered less vibration into the unit, increasing reliability and high precision over the life of the machine.
- Dual diamond cutterhead pre-milling unit: The Minimax ME 40T Pre-mill unit utilizes two 80mm diameter diamond tools with opposing rotation and timed intervention that, through the removal operation corrects any panel imperfections caused by the saw cutting process and panel storage. This allows for a clean edge and a good lineal finish during the pre-mill process. Pre-milling comes with an independent exhaust and air blower for cleaning of the panel during the process. You can carry out vertical adjustments of the tools for use even into the final sharpening phase. Allowing four levels of removal (0.5, 1, 1.5, and 2mm)
- Interchangeable & additional glue pot unit: The Minimax ME 40T edgebander features an interchangeable glue pot with a quick heat-up system. It also comes with an additional spare glue pot standard. The glue pot is Teflon coated to allow for easy clean up and easy glue replacement. The system easily applies the glue to the panel with a vertical glue spreading roller, and the temperature is adjustable via the PLC control. This machine also has a device to automatically recover any unused glue.
- Top and bottom trim unit: The Minimax ME 40T has a very high edge quality finishing with the rotating copy wheels. The high frequency motors generate high cutter rotating speed, reducing to a minimum any marks left from trimming and guaranteeing the absence of vibrations. These cutters are designed for straight or radius trimming of any type of edge. The edge thickness is easily set by means of two numerical readouts.
- Special end-cutting unit with “Radius” function: This station is installed in place of the standard end-cutting unit. During the process of cutting off the front and rear exceeding edges (except for solid wood strips), it rounds off the angles of the edge banded panel. This creates a beautiful radius edge. This function is directly controlled with the operator interface at the control panel. With its own independent high frequency motor running the blade at 12,000 rpm with an Ø 125mm Z12 blade, you can expect the finest finish of any edgebander in its class.
- Edge and glue scrape units, and buffing unit: The Minimax ME 40T features scraping and buffing stations as standard for finishing of 3mm PVC/ABS edges. The scraping system assures an excellent finish, eliminating any excess glue on the panel or edge joint and keeping it free of chatter marks, thanks to the heavy-duty structure. The precise horizontal and vertical copying wheels have chrome plated surfaces, and assure accurate positioning of the knives. The buffing station includes high frequency motors for cleaning and polishing the edge. This unit is tilted and vertically adjustable to optimize the polishing and cleanliness of the work piece.
- Work table dimensions: 3465mm x 710mm
- Min / max thickness of rolled edges: 0.4mm / 3mm
- Max thickness of edges in strips: 5mm
- Min / max panel height: 8mm / 50mm
- Min panel length/width: 190mm / 110mm
- Feed speed: 9 m/min
- Pneumatic Operating Pressure: 6.5 Bar
- Exhaust Outlet pre-milling unit diameter: 60mm
- Exhaust Outlet glue pot unit diameter: 80mm
- Exhaust Outlet Diameter: 120mm
- Electrical: Three-Phase –230v –60hz